As anyone familiar with Thorne Group is aware, we always like to create showhomes that push the boundaries, each one completely unique. This showhome was completed in 2015 and had the following brief to Jon McAlpine (Director Thorne Group Architecture):
1. Keep the floor area under 200sqm
2. Make the space flexible enough to work for different age groups by creating multiple 'zones'.
3. Integrate 'wow' factor features that work well in smaller homes and won't break the budget.
Jon took the ball and ran with it. This is the floor plan (complete with Jon's notes)
Presentation (draft) plan for new Thorne Group showhome at the Lakes
1. Feature spine wall at the entrance, connecting the outside to the inside.
2. Feature window at entrance leading through to outside area.
3. Flexible zones, ability to close off the lounge.
4. Built in dining area to create another living space.
5. Window seat that gets all day sun.
6. Study nook.
7. Cantilevered covered outdoor area.
8. Bedrooms and living room leading to a private outdoor space
9. Careful placement of hallways and other 'dead space' to create usable space, which also ensures bedrooms get more sun.
10. Multiple outdoor 'zones' to maximise outdoor living.